So it happens that the snack gets forgotten at the bottom of the schoolbag from time to time.
Let’s try something new to avoid such mishaps! How about my exquisite legume spread starring red lentils?
serves 4, preparation 30 mins
- 250g Pro-bio peeled red lentils
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp tahini (sesame seeds paste)
- lemon juice (from one lemon)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a pot, bring water to the boil, add a bit of salt and add the red lentils. Boil until soft (app. 15 minutes). Drain the lentils and leave to cool.
- Peel the garlic cloves and slice them.
- Put the lentils, garlic, tahini and lemon juice into a food processor and blend together until smooth.
- Add salt to taste and gently stir in the olive oil.
- Spread on a slice of rye bread. There goes your snack! ☺
Gian Luca Giardi, Executive Chef, Fresh & Tasty