Take carrottie, one of the most popular sweet desserts among both our adult and little customers. We at Fresh & Tasty have been baking it ever since our beginnings, it's a hit. ☺
serves 4 / one family (standard baking sheet), 1 h 20 mins preparation (incl. 35 mins baking)
- 180g unsalted butter (plus some for greasing the baking sheet)
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla sugar (32g)
- 4 eggs
- 180g plain flour (plus some for dusting the baking sheet)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch mace
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp raisins (if you like them)
- 300g carrots (app. 5 pcs)
- lemon zest from half a lemon
- Melt the butter in a double boiler. Meanwhile, whisk the sugar and eggs until foamy. Set your oven to 160 °C.
- In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, spices, raisins – if you decide to use them).
- In a big bowl, grate the carrots finely, leave to rest for a while and then “wring out” excessive juice.
- Grate the zest from half a lemon (wash the lemon first), add the whisked sugar and egg foam, melted butter and dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the dough onto a greased and dusted baking sheet.
- Put the sheet into the preheated oven, bake for app. 35 minutes.
- The cake is ready if no dough sticks to a wooden skewer inserted in the middle.
Enjoy your cake! ☺
Kačka Račáková, Head of Cold Meals Kitchen, Barrandov Studio, Fresh & Tasty